There is no denying that this is continuing to be a very challenging time for us all. We have posted a lovely video on the Carrington Infant School You Tube Channel showing the staff with little messages for everyone thanks to Mrs Vilelas. I put a little assembly on there on Friday about saying "Thank You" to the NHS and also celebrating the most recent birthdays as we do want them to miss out! The link was on the most recent Bulletin.
Thanks Amethyst class for their brilliant video that was sent to us too! What a lovely idea! It made me cry!
We did open the school for a week for Key Workers, combining with the Juniors towards the end of the week. Our numbers were however very low and following a risk assessment including related to the needs of our own staff, we decided reluctantly to close. If you are a key worker and you need a placement, we do have the numbers for assistance.
This was the advice from county that we have been given. Please do contact us if you need support. Our advice is as far as possible children should be at home. If there is someone in the home and the child is best off at home then they should be at home wherever possible.
In the event of an exceptional closure any parent with a child that is entitled to continue attending a setting ( e.g. key workers, children with an EHCP and vulnerable children) that does not have a place can contact the following for support:
Pre-school/Early years (0-5) firstname.lastname@example.org
School age children email@example.com
We will support the our children in these settings as much as needed remotely so please let us know if your child is attending a different placement.
The school's email/App/telephone will be regularly monitored and responded to as necessary and Mrs Morrisson's personal work email can be used for safeguarding purposes firstname.lastname@example.org
Parents will be contacted regularly over the closure and this may be by email or phone. As we are using our own phones, this may show Called ID hidden. More information will come out after Easter.
There will also be a weekly bulletin although this will not happen over the Easter period.
Work for the children
1. Go to the children button on the website
2. The first cherry has loads of links with work. I have tried to make a combination of work that is a mixture of covering the basics and creative ideas to take you virtually out of your environment as we may be indoors a lot.
3. The year group pages have grids of work to be completed. Work will be added as we go along. These grids are also going to be given out to children in school if they are still in school.
4. There is a grid of Easter activities for over the Easter period.
5. Please be very careful with e-safety as e.g. meeting remotely and on-line teaching ideas come out. Not all systems have good privacy settings so please take extra care and monitor the children carefully - you never know!
Stay safe, follow the guidelines and look after each other.
We will get through this and then we will have a great big party!!!!!!